The problem of eye bags and accompanying dark circles can be overcome with a variety of appropriate treatments. Treatments can be done at home with natural ingredients, through medical procedures such as lasers, dermal fillers, and eyelid surgery.
Eye bags or also known as panda eye term often arise with age. When the tissues and muscles that support the eyelid weaken. Generally only a matter of beauty or appearance alone, and rarely caused by a serious medical condition. Appearance will be more disturbing if the eye bag accompanied by circles under the eyes, light swelling, to sagging skin and wrinkles. Aging, fatigue to lack of sleep are the main causes of eye bags and dark circles in your eyes.
overcoming dark circles and eye bags
To remove eye bags effectively, it’s good to know in advance what causes the emergence of your eye bags. In addition to aging and fatigue, there are various other factors that can trigger the occurrence of eye bags and dark circles in your eyes, among others:
- Increased melanin or postinflammatory post-inflammatory
- Damage to blood vessels.
- Decreased fat under the eyes due to skin problems.
- Too much caffeine and tobacco consumption causes sleep deprivation.
- Fluid retention due to weather changes, hormone levels, and salty foods.
- Allergy or dermatitis accompanied by swelling, redness, and itching.
- Hereditary factors.
- Stress and sun exposure.
- Nasal congestion, anemia, until pregnancy.
How to Eliminate Eye Pouch and Black Circle
Basically the problem of eye bags and dark circles in the eye is just a matter of beauty that does not require specific treatment. Home care and healthy lifestyle can be the right solution to remove eye bags, including:
- Compress the eyes. Compress your eyes with a clean cloth that has been moistened with cold water. Apply for a few minutes with a little pressure on your eyes. You can use a bag containing green tea or a piece of cucumber as a compress. Or you can use an eye gel mask that is now widely sold in the market.
- Fix your hours of sleep with sufficient time of 7 to 8 hours a day.
Sleeping position with slightly raised head will help to overcome the problem of your eye bags. Sleep with an extra pillow to support your head. How to remove these eye bags helps prevent fluids accumulate around the eyes while you sleep.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and caffeine, because it can cause mild dehydration, disrupt sleep hours, and make eye bags and dark circles look more clear.
- Adequate fluid intake can prevent you from dehydration and help prevent eye bags. In order to avoid fluid retention, you can reduce the intake of salty processed foods or those containing lots of salt.
- Make sure you drink plenty of water, at least 8 glasses per day, to keep your skin healthy and moist.
- Potassium intake can also help reduce excess fluid in the body that can trigger the appearance of eye bags. The sources of foods containing potassium include bananas, nuts, yogurt, and green vegetables.
- Use an eye cream containing chamomile, cucumber, or arnica that helps reduce inflammation and tighten the skin.
Other Treatments Based on the Cause of Eye Pouch
- Allergy medication. If the condition in your eyes is caused by allergies, then how to remove eye bags and dark circles is to avoid allergens and take allergy drugs available in pharmacies or over using a doctor’s prescription.
Dermal filler. Dermal filler treatment in dermatologist can be a solution for eye bags problems caused by damaged blood vessels, and loss of fat tissue in the area of your eye.
- Laser treatment and vitamin K. Laser treatment can reduce the appearance of dark circles due to broken blood vessels. Skincare products that contain vitamin K can also help remove eye bags and dark circles under your eyes.
- Whitening cream. This treatment can be a solution if your eye bags and dark circles are caused by too much melanin or hyperpigmentation. Usually, a dermatologist will prescribe a cream containing a brightening substance such as retinol, hydroquinone, kojic acid, green tea, vitamin C, or soy.
- SPF 30 Sunscreen. Avoid exposure to sunlight and use sunscreen daily with SPF 30. Concealer with one color brighter than your skin tone can help disguise dark circles under the eyes. It is recommended to use concealer with SPF 15 or more. If your skin tends to be oily or acne, use oil-free concealer.
Eyelid Surgery To Eliminate Eye Pouch Problems
If your eye bags and dark circles do not go away and even get worse, and when lifestyle changes or other treatments do not work you may consider for eyelid or blepharoplasty surgery. The doctor will remove excess fat, muscle, and skin on your eyelids.
In addition to removing eye bags, blepharoplasty can also repair swollen eyelids, and reduce excess skin of the upper and lower eyelids that can interfere with vision. However, you need to consult a doctor first before performing this operation, given the risks that can be infected, such as infection, dry eyes, vision problems to change the position of the eyelid.
The problem of eye bags and dark circles is generally not a sign of a serious medical condition. Good luck how to remove eye bags above. However, you should contact your doctor if you have severe and severe swollen eye and eye irritation, and other symptoms that affect other parts of the body. Because the symptoms can be a sign of more serious health conditions such as conjunctivitis, blepharitis or inflammation of the eyelid, ptosis or drooping eyelids, cellulitis, skin infections, to thyroid disease.